Saturday 25 September 2010

Duty Free - the last place for ecotourism

Your last chance to shop before heading home


Photo: Resonants/IStockphoto
The last time I travelled from France, I flew back from Marseille. I wanted to buy a few local goodies for my family and my work colleagues.
The south of France is famous for all sort of specialities: its nougat from Montelimar and its calissons from Aix-en-Provence. You can also fınd an amasing brand of chocolate called Valrhona.

Easyjet terminal in Marseille is tiny. The Duty Free section is even smaller. And guess what was on offer: great brands of chocolate readily available in the UK. I will not name any as I am sure you have guessed which one they are.

Unfortunately, there was only one type of nougat and nothing else from the region. How disappointing!!!

I would love to know how products get selected for Duty Free shops.

Is this not the perfect place to promote local produce?

0 comments:

Post a Comment